07 July 2020, Tuesday
ANREV Country update series: COVID-19 impact on Korea market
This webinar session is successfully held on 07 July 2020.
Ms JoAnn Hong of Savills Korea, Mr Paul Lee of Aberdeen Standard Investments and Mr Harry Lee of DWS Asset Management will share with us their views on the current Covid-19 situation and the implications for the Korean real estate market, discuss how Korean investors are adapting in this environment, and then touch upon challenges and opportunities in the office and logistics sector.
15:00 pm – 16:00 pm (HK Time GMT +8)
Free for ANREV members
HKD200 for non-members
A paypal link will be emailed to non-member registrants.
To check if you organisation is ANREV member, please click here.
JoAnn has been leading Savills Korea’s Research and Consultancy, Valuation division since 2004 providing services across real estate sectors in Korean market, including office, retail, industrial and hotel.
Her team advised the Korea National Pension Service (NPS) on sales and investment strategies, master planning and real estate development issues during the past 10 years on their local investments and provided market and feasibility studies for NPS’ overseas investments since 2009 in the UK, USA, France, Germany, Australia, and Japan with the Savills offices in the regions for 5 years.
She has also initiated a couple of overseas projects to meet the diversifying client needs on overseas investments and developments such as Seoul Metropolitan Government and Ministry of Economy & Finance, Lotte and Samsung.
Skills and Experience:
With 16 years real estate analysis and consultancy experience, JoAnn is an integral part of the market study in Korea, providing strategic investment advice to investors from or to Korea and abroad. When JoAnn joined Savills Korea in 2004, she brought 10 years of marketing and consultancy experience from public and private sectors.
Paul is the Head of Direct Real Estate Korea Aberdeen Standard Investments. He joined the Firm in July 2019, merged from formerly Orion Partners. Paul has close to 20 years of experience in Real Estate mostly in Korea, including over 10 years in real estate as a GE Real Estate Head of Risk for Investment and Portfolio Management, and as a manager at Samsung Real Estate in Korea. He has completed more than 60 real estate asset transactions in Korea, covering mainly in value-add office, retail and other asset classes. He holds a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture degree from University Of Illinois, Chicago, and a Master of Architecture from Cornell University. Under the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of Republic of Korea, he is certified as a Real Estate Investment Professional.
- Harry Lee is Head of Transactions in Korea, Alternatives. Lee joined DWS in 2013
- Lee has 12 years of experience in alternative investment, and he is currently responsible for sourcing and executing domestic real estate investments including for local and overseas clients.
- In DWS, Lee has managed over US$1.5bn of domestic real estate transactions covering wide range of strategies.
- Prior to joining DWS, Lee was with Rutter Associate Korea, a Seoul-based private equity firm as an investment manager and managed over US500mm of buy-out and mezzanine investments into domestic companies
- Lee received a B.A. in Business Management & Statistics from Yonsei University. Lee is a CFA charterholder.